Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Diary of a Real Pregnancy - Week 24: SICK


I took this week off from posting, as I found myself quite ill right around when I'd normally write (Sunday or Monday night). Some kind of stomach bug or possibly eating something bad meant not being able to keep any food down for about 24 hours. FUN!!

Thank GOODNESS I have an amazing and awesome Hubby, who took over everything with the house and kids, and just let me sleep and puke. (sorry... TMI..) Thanks Hubs. Smooches.

There's something really strange and UGH about sharing your abdomen when you feel so ill. At least baby didn't seem the least bit phased by it, as evidenced by lots of kicking and squirming (much to my chagrin).


I honestly do NOT know how women handle morning sickness throughout their pregnancies or hyperemesis, the 'extreme' version of morning sickness. I wanted to crawl into a hole and die, and that was only after a few hours!! To those who have dealt (or are still dealing) with severe illness throughout your pregnancy: I salute you.

Rock on, sickos.

 
Previous: Week 23 - Back pain, but Eating Well Again!
Next: Week 25 - Heartburn, hobbling, and denial



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!