Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Quick garden update

I was lambasted the other day for not posting any garden updates lately. I actually have a good reason for that: I don't really have any.

So it turns out I don't have a whole lot of free time. Ha! Two little kids, a big house that just keeps getting messy, a husband, a full-time job, daycare, t-ball, laundry, groceries... yeah.

Luckily I don't think the garden really needs me much at this point. All the plants are in, the rain has taken care of most of the watering and then some (though The Hubs did install an awesome irrigation system which I'll post about later), no more risk of frost thank goodness. I've fertilized a bit and just sortof left the plants to their own devices. Sink or swim I say!

Really though it's just that I haven't had much time to get out there and 'tend'. I know there are some pests making their way into the beds - I saw some ants devouring my bean plants *grumble* and some slugs getting suspiciously close to the beds by way of the irrigation hoses. They're not sliming up the walls of the beds themselves though - I wonder if they're repelled by cedar? Hmm.

Anyway those things, along with the lack of sunshine (welcome to summer in the Maritimes) means not much is happening out there. Or at least, it wasn't, last time I checked, which was about a week ago. Eek! I'll get out there soon to take some pictures and keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!