Thursday, April 05, 2012

The Fear of Daycare Illnesses

Every other week or so, I receive an email that fills me with dread, makes my stomach lurch, or my heart start pounding.

The "We have a confirmed illness" email from daycare.

Dun dun duuuuuuun.

Oh sure - it looks cute NOW.

First of all, how are all these kids getting sick all the time? The daycare isn't even that big... but literally every other week there's something. Strep throat, of course. Or flu. Then there's the dreaded L word.

Lice.

Ick yick gick. Lice may not make anyone really ill, but they still fill my heart with dread. We have, thankfully (*knocking on all things wood*) not brought any of these disgusting critters home -- YET -- but every time we get the email, I'm checking the kids heads like it's my job and filling their baths and shampoo with tea tree oil. The Hubs knows now, when he smells that stuff, "Lice at school again?" Yep, and don't even say that word or it will jinx us!

I don't know why, but I'm actually afraid of lice. Blech. Gross.

Oh and this week? Scarlett fever, AND Hand-foot-mouth diseases. Seriously. That place is a germ factory!!

Now, off to Lysol... everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!