Monday, November 26, 2007

6 months old and bittersweet

Matthew is 6 months old today.

I just can't believe how quickly the time has gone. Wasn't it last week that we got our positive pregnancy test? And now we are Mom and Dad to a 6-month-old boy? Wow...

It's so bitter sweet. I love watching Matthew grow and learn new things every day. But it's hard to say goodbye to our little helpless newborn, and hello to our increasingly independent, lovable, joyful, brilliant infant.

It's also bitter sweet because 6 months marks the half-way point of my year at home with Matthew. I am so grateful that I have this opportunity to stay home with him and provide for and teach him, learn and grow along with him, every day... But sad at the same time because soon it will end, I will return to work and won't be with him all day long. I miss him already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!